Classic Basil Pesto, an easy homemade delicious pesto recipe.
• 1 3/4 ounces fresh basil (about 4 cups) (50 grams)
• 5 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan Cheese (32 grams)
• 2 tablespoons Pecorino Cheese (13 grams)
• 1/3 cup olive oil (72 grams)
• 1 tablespoon pine nuts (heaping soup spoon)
• 2 cloves garlic chopped
• 1/4 teaspoon salt
1. Place food processor container and blade in the refrigerator for at least one hour.
2. Meanwhile wash and dry fresh basil leaves.
3. Remove container and blade from refrigerator. Add 1/3 basil leaves, half the salt, one third of the olive oil and pulse to combine. Add another 1/3 basil leaves and pulse to combine add remaining basil leaves and pulse.
4. Add pine nuts, Parmesan Cheese and Pecorino, another one third olive oil, remaining salt and pulse to combine, add remaining olive oil and garlic, pulse on high to combine. Serve over cooked pasta. Enjoy!
5. **Makes approximately 1 cup pesto, I served half over 3 cups cooked Penne Pasta with a little olive oil drizzled and tossed. Left over Pesto should be refrigerated.