1. Which amendment added the words “Socialist” and ‘Secular” in the Preamble to the Constitution of India?
2. When did the Constituent Assembly adopt “Jana Gana Mana” as the National Anthem?
(a) 28th January, 1950
(b) 24th Januray ,1950
(c) 29th December, 1911
(a) 30th November, 1911
3. On which one of the following dates was Justice Jagdish Singh Khehar sworn in as the 44th Chief Justice of India?
(a) January 3, 2017
(b) January 7, 2017
(c) January 2 2017
(d) January 4, 2017
4. The non permanent members of the Security Council are elected for a period of
(a) Four years
(b) Nine years
(c) Thirteen years
(d) Two years
5. World Intellectual Property Organisation’s (WIPO) headquarters is situated in
(d) New Delhi
6. Which amongst the following Articles of the Indian Constitution becomes automatically suspended on the ‘Proclamation of Emergency’?
(a) Article 14
(b) Article 21
(c) Article 19
(d) All of these
7. The legal term ‘Grundnorm’ was devised by
(d) None of these
8. As per CPC 1908, a Garnishee is a person who is a
(a) Judgment debtor
(b) Decree Holder
(c) Judgment debtor’s debtor
(d) Decree holder’s debtor
9. ‘X’, a Muslim makes a gift in favour of a non-Muslim. The gift under Muslim Law is
(a) Valid, as under the Muslim law, religion is immaterial to a gift.
(b) Voidable as per the direction of Qazi and the family members of the donor.
(c) Void, as under the Muslim law, a Muslim can gift to a Muslim only
10. A shia marriage without witnesses is
11. As per Muslim law, ‘Puberty’ is the age of
(a) 19 years
(b) 21 years
(c) 24 years
(d) 15 years
12. Which section of the Hindu Succession Act, 1956 provides preferential right to co-heirs in the property?
(a) Section 6
(b) Section 14
(c) Section 22
(d) Section 29
13. The term ‘registration’ as defined under the Transfer of Property Act means
(a) Registration of Document
(b) Registration of Property
(c) Both (a) and (b)
(d) Neither (a) nor (b)
14. Which amongst the following is not an offence under the Indian Penal Code against human body or property?
(b) Criminal Misappropriation
(d) Culpable Homicide not amounting to Murder
15. When did the Criminal Law (Amendment) Act, 2013 come into force?
(a) 29th March, 2013
(b) 28th February, 2013
(c) 3rd February, 2013
(d) 3rd February, 2014
Answers: 1. (a); 2. (b); 3. (d); 4. (d); 5. (d); 6. (c); 7. (c);
8. (c); 9. (a); 10. (c); 11. (d); 12. (c);
13. (a); 14. (c); 15. (c)
NOTE: The answers are suggestive. Kindly verify from the basic documents, judgments, gazette notifications or recommended textbooks in case of doubts. Answers given by the author herein are his own personal views and neither the publisher nor the author holds any responsibility for any mistake that may have inadvertently crept in.